The Road Less Travelled

“The joy of the Lord is my strength” [Nehemiah 8:10]

Monday, September 03, 2007

amen

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve,
I was made weak, that i might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that i might do greater things,
I was given infirmity, that i might do better things.
I asked for riches, that i might be happy,
I was given poverty, that i might be wise.
I asked for power, that i might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that i might feel the need of God

I asked for all things, that i might enjoy life
I was given life, that i might enjoy all things
I got nothing I asked for -
but everything i had hoped for
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers
were answered
I am, among all men
most richly blessed

-anonymous-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home