The Road Less Travelled

“The joy of the Lord is my strength” [Nehemiah 8:10]

Saturday, October 13, 2007

God is a garbageman (thank goodness!)

Dear Big-Mr-Trashman,

i ask humbly that You faithfully come & clear my garbage, day after day. Don't let me carry any more baggage than i should into the next day, weighing down my thoughts, affecting my actions. Amen

Love encompasses doing the right thing, it's not a choice of either love or doing what's right. How can true love make someone do a wrong thing? So just cause you, happily married, "love" someone else, it's ok to cheat on ur spouse, ditch your kids? what B.S. but yeah love is self-sacrificing.
right & wrong aren't arbitary like alot of people think. Sometimes the truth of what's right & what's not is really hard to find, but it's almost always black n white in the end, just needs some deep searching & asking around.

This generation is such a 'feel' emo generation. Maybe say, even less than a 100 yrs ago, though they might not exactly be head-over-heels in love with each other, dad's & mums did what they had to do, procreate, raise the family. Duty was emphasized, duty was honorable.

Now, i dont FEEL like going to school, so i pontang.
i don't FEEL happy at my work i quit real quick.
i don't FEEL like being loving to those around me today...
I don't FEEL love in an r/s or in a marriage anymore, i get out and look for a new one.


i dont FEEL God so God isnt real.
God, who, if u take the premises that he exists, is logically bigger than senses, emotions, everything. It's like trying to use a tiny magnifying glass to look at a huge picture. That's so ridiculous that it's almost hilariously funny, if it didnt have such deadly serious consequences.

so now we're using FEELINGS to justify existence? I FEEL it therefore it exists n vice versa?
and i thought the phrase " I think, therefore I am" was conceited enough.

d (in an angsty mood) to God : "WHY do we have feelings then? what's e point?"
God to d: "Because I'm a God who has emotions & you're made in my image"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home