The Road Less Travelled

“The joy of the Lord is my strength” [Nehemiah 8:10]

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

the more i know the more i know i don't know

There is something I don't know
that I'm supposed to know.
I don't know what it is I don't know,
and yet am supposed to know,
And i feel i look stupid
if i seem both to not know it
and not know what it is i don't know.

Therefore, i pretend i know it.
This is nerve-wracking
since i don't know what i must pretend t
o know
Therefore i pretend to know everything.

I feel you know what i am supposed to know
but you can't tell me what it is
because you don't know that i don't know what it is

You may know what I don't know, but not
that i don't know it, and i can't tell you.
So you will have to tell me everything.


By R.D Laing



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home